Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (BDB #1)

42899 
 
3.5/5 hearts

After seeing these books on my update feed countless times and mentioned in a lot of topics, I thought it was about time to read them for myself.
I'm not going to write a very long review, since there already are so many reviews to choose from.

I didn't love this book as much as I hoped I would. I'm not sure why this book didn't do it for me, maybe it's just because I read the fever series before reading this one and it's hard to measure up to such a great series.

I liked wrath and I liked Beth and I really liked them both together. The parts about the lessers were less interesting to me and all the POV's made my head spin quite a bit. Sometimes I had to backtrack a bit if things didn't make sense and found out that somewhere in the middle of the chapter the POV had changed yet again. By the end of the book I was more used to it though.

It was a nice read, but it didn't blow me away. I'm glad I got an omnibus for book 1-4, so I decided to read on anyway. I'm not sure I would've if I had just bought this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment