Sunday, February 16, 2014

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Night huntress #4)


4/5 Hearts
Will most likely contain spoilers if you haven't read the previous books.

This was not my favorite book of the series so far, but very enjoyable nonetheless.


Why do these crazy vampires keep trying to collect me?”
Why indeed, Cat. Why indeed?



“Movies. Drinks. Headless chickens. You know, girl stuff. ”
Just when you think Jeaniene Frost has done it all, she goes ahead and thinks of an entirely different storyline. It was a bit strange, but I still really liked it. Gregor makes for an interesting bad guy.


This book doesn’t differ that much from the other books in structures and characters. But there were a few things I wasn’t a big fan of in this book. Cat and Bones fight. And fight…..and fight…and fight and fight and fight. I don’t mind their playful banter or the occasional small bitch fight in between.
But they seriously fight a lot in this book and you can feel them grow apart and I just missed a bit of the fun and romance in this book. Bones turns into an a-hole for a while and Cat’s not always making the best decisions as well.
Bones just didn’t feel like our trusty old Bones and I found myself missing him a bit during this book. I also wasn’t a big fan of the fate of Cat’s mother. It seemed a bit too predictable.

I still really enjoyed the book, but these things bothered me enough to deduct a star. There were good points as well, Cat is ruthless in this book and we once again get a few visits from the entertaining Vlad.



“Slumber party with Dracula, all things considerd why not?”


It’s still a great story and a terrific book in this series. My favorite so far remains the third book in the series. I’m not sure Cat made the right decision in this book, but I can’t wait to find out about her possible future powers in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment