Sunday, February 23, 2014

Down For the Count by Christine Bell (Dare Me #1)

17450003 

4/5 Hearts



I really enjoyed reading this book and decided to give it 4/5 stars.

The story starts immediately and you'll be pulled in from the start. Lacey can't seem to find her shiny new husband until she stumbles on him in the closet with her childhood friend.'


“What it looks like is that you’re having sex with one of my oldest friends in the linen closet of our reception hall. Unless, of course, she’s lost something in her vagina and you were gallant enough to try and fish it out for her. With your penis. If that’s the case, I suggest using a larger lure.”
This sets the tone for the entire book. Lacey escapes the wedding on the back of the motorcycle from her childhood crush - her best friend Cat's brother. Enter Galen. He is a hot good guy, though he's not too good *wink*.

After they end up on Lacey honeymoon, both of them are in for the ride of their lifes.

The story alternates between Lacey and Galen's perspective, which is really well done. It's a short book that I finished very quickly and enjoyed very much. I found myself laughing at several sections and I really liked Lacey, Galen and Cat.

The story is different from most other NA books and had a few funny and fresh twists and turns. The story is a bit on the short side, which bummed me out a little because I wanted to read more about Lacey and Galen.

I'd recommend this book very much to any NA lover and I'll be checking out other books by this author. and I'll leave you with another quote from Lacey:


“Oh my God. I kneed him in the wiener. And oh my
frigging God, it was like stone.”
  Read in December 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment