Friday, February 21, 2014

Easy by Tammara Webber



13548456


 4.5/5 Hearts

I wasn't all that sure I was going to like this book. But I really did. I think I'm moving more in to the NA genre than the YA genre. I enjoy reading about people my own age. I know this book is a favorite amongst many NA readers, which is exactly why I thought I wouldn't like it. But I stand corrected!

The story is about Jacqueline, a student who just recently got dumped by her boyfriend of three years. She followed him to college and is feeling stupid for this mistake. One night after a party she walks back to her truck and something horrible happens. Lucas comes to her rescue, stopping it from becoming even more horrible. After that night, the mysterious Lucas starts to pop up at a lot of places. Getting closer to her, but also keeping his distance. Jacqueline is a little traumatized by the events and Lucas has his own problems to deal with. The two come together in a wonderful story that gripped me in ways I hadn't expected. 


Was it a one of kind masterpiece? No, it isn't. Some parts where very predictable. I also didn't really like that her entire life fell apart when Kennedy (the ex) broke up with her and how she didn't act on a certain situation. She seemed to have low self-esteem at times and from other reviews I understand that some people think that this book sets a bad example or something. 

But I didn't really care about these things, because the story and writing is just so... wonderful. Also, these things happen every day and there are plenty of people with low self-esteem and what not. So it's really not that far fetched and not every main character is supposed to be a role model. I think that we can learn a lot more from people who aren't perfect and often closer to reality.

Anyhow, I laughed, I shed a few tears and I stayed up until about 4am to finish it. So because of this I feel like it deserves 4.5 stars, because to me it was an amazing book. The characters haven't really left my mind since I finished it last night (review from july, 2013)

I'd recommend this book if you're in need of a little escape or if you're just searching for a book that'll take your breath away.


Read in July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment