Friday, February 21, 2014

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

13372690

 4.5/5 Hearts

 Even though I wasn't a huge fan of hopeless, I decided to read slammed anyway and I'm very glad I did. The story is about Layken who just lost her dad and then moves with her mom and little brother to Michigan. The first few minutes she's there, she meets Will. A nice loveable guy who she falls head over heels with. after they've spent a bit of time together, they find out something that pulls the rug out from under them. While they try to deal with this a few other things happen that I won't spoil here.

I found some parts of the story predictable, but unlike in hopeless, I didn't bother me at all. the writing was good and the story didn't turn majorly mushy - which was one of the main reasons I didn't like hopeless. I liked Layken and I liked Will. I loved all the other characters in their lives, especially their little brothers.

Good book, fun book, incredibly sad book that really made me tear up at some points. It's not a very light read, but it is beautiful story and I'd recommend it!


“Question everything. Your love, your religion, your passion. If you don't have questions, you'll never find answers.”  

“Don't take life too seriously. Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit. Laugh at it.” 

“Choose your battles, but don't choose very many.”  

“Never judge others. You both know good and well how unexpected events can change who a person is. Always keep that in mind. You never know what someone else is experiencing within their own life.” 

Read in July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment