Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward (BDB #5)

304027 
 4/5 Hearts

I think so far, Z's book is still my favorite (3rd book), but I liked this one as well. I've had a few issues with it. It seemed a bit strange to me that Jane was so willing to do what V wanted in his penthouse, because it seemed a bit out of character and not very realistic to just jump in to that with no explanation or safety words or anything. But I guess that could just be me, as it's not really something I'm into reading about.

I liked V and I also liked Jane. They were enjoyable and parts were fun to read about. Looking back I didn't feel the attraction between them as much as I did between the other couples in the other books. I'm happy V has his own HEA and I felt bad for him when that HEA was threatened - and then I felt a bit weird about how it was resolved. But overal I did like them both a lot - it just felt like it all went a little too fast, too serious without enough explanation/scenes. I loved the first half of the book a lot more then the second half.

I loved that there were no lesser chapters in this one - I tend to skim them as I just really don't find them interesting and I liked seeing more of the chosen and their environment and V and the Scribe Virgin.

Wasn't a major fan of the Phury chapters in this book, so maybe I'll give myself a break from this series for a while, to get excited about the next book again.

Read in January 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment