Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward (BDB #4)

42898 
4.5/5 Hearts
I wasn't sure I was really going to like this book.
I liked Butch fine, it was Marissa I wasn't sure of - well and the fact that after three books it was suddenly a human main character, didn't seem that interesting to me. But I ended up really liking it.

I liked Butch and his bond with V. Sometimes I found myself hoping that those two crazy kids would end up together because they somehow they just 'get' each other and seem to have a lot of chemistry. I thought Marissa was a bit 'odd'. From the previous books, you know that she has absolutely zero knowlegde of men and is a virgin. But still I couldn't really understand how little she knew and that made her a little unrelatable. She's very sheltered and from a very good family/environment, which explains some of it. But I mostly thought it was a little bit over the top. She gets better during the book though. She grows a pair and stands up for herself to Butch and her a-hole of a brother.

I was pleasently suprised by this book and ended up enjoying a lot. I'm still not a huge fan of the lesser chapters, but I just tend to read them faster to get back to the good stuff.

I'm not writing a massive review on this because there are simply a lot of reviews on this book/series already. But I like this series and it's somehow weirdly addictive

 Read in January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment