Friday, February 21, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green



11870085 Blurb: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.






2.5/5 stars


I realize that I may be very much alone in this, but I really don't understand why everybody is falling head over heels with this book.

During the entire book I didn't really 'feel' the story. I read it, the story itself seems heartfelt and sad, but somehow I just wasnt feeling it. I didn't feel the love between them, I didn't feel sad about Gus and the book just didn't touch me. Maybe I'm just getting too old for these types of teen books.

I didn't really care for the story about the book and the trip to Amsterdam. Though it was a nice touch, since I live very close to Amsterdam and the Netherlands don't appear in books that often. But it still didn't get me very excited.

It was a sort of nice read, but I didn't love it and I really disliked how it didn't have a real ending. Even though I think it was meant to be an ending like the one in the book they both loved, it still annoyed me.


I believe that this book was solely written to make the reader cry and it usually works with me as well, but I just really couldn't care less about what happened to both of these characters. They were annoying and selfish and arrogant and this book just wasn't my cup of tea. But please feel free to keep loving it if you adore their love story.

Read in May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment