Friday, February 21, 2014

The Elite by Kiera Cass (The Selection #2)

16248068 The Blurb: Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.





  3.5/5 Hearts

I enjoyed this book a little less than the first book, so I decided on 3.5 stars/

The story from the Selection continues in this book and it picks up where that book left off. I still enjoyed this book for the same reasons I liked the selection, 


However, as the story continues I sometimes found myself frustrated with America and at times I felt like throwing a book at Maxon - who does some very unlikeable things in this book. So the story got a little annoying now and then. But I still really enjoyed it and the story with America and Maxon and the thing with the rebels continued and I'm very curious how their story will end in the next book. Sadly, it's release date feels like a century from now. I really hope I'll still like this story by then, but I think I may have already begun to outgrown it (while I'm reposting this review as a blog at february 21st 2014).


Read in may 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment