Friday, February 21, 2014

The Selection by Kiera Cass (The Selection #1)

10507293 
4/5 Hearts

 “If you don’t want me to be in love with you, you’re going to have to stop looking so lovely. First thing tomorrow I’m having your maids sew some potato sacks together for you.” 

The Blurb:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined. 

I really enjoyed this book. Somehow the story drew me in and I was really curious to see what would happen. It's a nice quick read and I had fun reading it.

I liked America and her connection to prince Maxon and I was hoping that she would end up liking him too. Somehow Aspen didn't really do it for me. 

“America Singer, one day you will fall asleep in my arms every night. And you'll wake up to my kisses every morning.” 

I also like some of the other girls and I liked Maxon as well in this book. It was a sweet sweep-the-poor-girl-of-her-feet kind of book and it ends in a cliffhanger, which left me hanging on for the other book - which luckily was also out already.

It isn't a litterary masterpiece, but it was very enjoyable and I think a lot of YA-fans will adore it as well.
 

Read in May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment